#fashiondesigner, #Fashionentrepreneur, #fashionlabel, #FreelanceFashionDesigner, activewear, brandconsultant, fashion, fashionbiz, fashionbrand, Fashionbusiness, fashionconsultant, gymwear, sportswear, trendalert, trendspotting, womensfashion, womenswear, yogawear
Have you started planning for your Spring Summer 2019 collections yet? If you haven’t already, now is an excellent time to begin. In this article, we curate the sportswear and active wear trends that are most likely to dominate collections in 2019, much like how athleisure is the running trend this year. Without further ado, here they are:
Why follow the pack when you can lead one down your own path? This is a thought that every millennial understands, and as a consumer wished to emulate. Literally, the disruptor style is about making a statement in unconventional ways.
- Statement Prints And Placement: Look to incorporate messaging in bold across a crop top, or a loose basketball-inspired pullover. Stripes are always in, except now, they’re coming to clothing in bold, vibrant colors.
- Street Style: Why do so many hip-hop dancers dress the way they do? Because not only do these clothes have a high style quotient but, more importantly, also a high performance aspect. Think loose joggers with a fitted bralette, or a bright neon wide-legged runner. It is all about comfort.
- Crop It Up: Style should be a bit risqué, after all! Adding oomph and function to these elements are cropped running shorts with mesh detail, loose tanks and bras that let the arms move.
With CrossFit comes the idea of endurance at its very extreme. 2019 will take this idea even further, and active wear for the survivor is on the cards. Clothing in this category is not just ideal for gyms, but also for surviving and exploring the vast outdoors.
- Balanced Colors: Sportswear in the wanderer category uses an eclectic mix of warm and cool colors that are both earthy and vibrant. Think the skies, soil and desert rose. A clever combination of these colors can help build the idea of camouflaging while also making a statement.
- Stylish Utility: Who says reflector apparel should only be bright silver strips on a green background? As more people step out and run or cycle along the road, neon colors and metallic bases are sure to take over. Think metallic shades of rose gold or a deep copper tracksuit.
- Crisscross And Mesh: Giving priority to comfort again, mesh details make an appearance, adding a sense of aeration to clothing. Similarly, crisscross patterns offer greater hold and flexibility for high-endurance workouts.
Do you care enough about the planet? Because your future customer surely does. The activist style is all about sustainable fabric, native prints and muted shades interspersed with those that make themselves heard, much like the activist wearing them.
- Swimwear Done Differently: Thanks to a conscious juxtaposition of colors and prints, a line of endurance swimwear that isn’t boring (finally!) is in order. It is all about staying close to nature, isn’t it?
- Futuristic Statements: An activist is only trying to make the future better, after all! This explains why spacesuit inspired garments and muted metallics fit for an astronaut are in order. Add in some huge floral prints, and you’re good to go.
- Standout Details: Interestingly, mesh detailing will be taken to a whole new level in this trend. SS ’19 is the season in which eco-conscious clothing gets a fashionable new update with huge mesh inlays.
The Karmic Energizer
There is a positive shift towards holistic wellness, and all the fitness and meditation apps out there prove a point in this regard. Colors inspire moods, and this collection is all about using color to feel strong, centered, powerful, peaceful- the choice is yours.
- Blues, Greens, Pinks And Reds: Muting of colors is not a concept that belongs in this collection. The swatches here scream, ‘this is how I’m feeling!’ Think bright, happy colors.
- Straps And Bandeau: There’s nothing that offsets the effect of bright colors quite like a bodycon adaptation. Not only is the collection bright, it flatters your figure like there’s no tomorrow. Perfect for the inner gymnast.
- Geometric Details: Geometry is not limited to prints alone! Think steep-cut sports tops, yoga pants with horizontal stripes, and square cutouts on the sides of clothing. When it comes to shapes and their placement, anything is possible.
Supriya Ghurye is the founder and owner of Fuel4Fashion. She is a Freelance Fashion Designer and Brand Consultant helping fashion brands to create great products from idea to launch. Fuel4Fashion social links: Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram