If Jackie O’s dressing sense and majestic attitude was not such a show stealer, then people might have brushed her off as just another first lady of US. Wife of the debonair president John F Kennedy, Jackie’s knack along with her husband’s political career made news everyday and even today she stays a hot topic for discussion.
Jackie Kennedy took the fashion of the 1950’s to a new dimension and her fashion sense translates to the present chic flat shoes, a lady handbag and of course, Hermes scarf. She shepherded the women of the 50’s from their tight waist crinolines and overly done hair and make-up. Her feminine style has made her an inspiration even almost two decades after her death. Here are a few lessons that we can learn from her sophisticated sartorial taste.
- If you are in a mood to wear white, make sure it’s as milk white as possible to create an appearance. Also white sunglasses will not at all be monotonous with such a white dress. Plus if you are married, and then make sure your husband also compliments your white outfit, for a fabulous photograph.
2. Secondly, button down sleeveless tee- shirt looks better than tank tops when worn with shorts.
3. Pink is more feminine and eye catching than red. Also remember, diamonds are a women’s best friend.
4. Floral prints always do the magic, be it any generation.
5. To create an appearance, the fabric has to be glossy and the colors have to be picked up wisely. Plus make sure the dress fits you at the right places. To keep it classy, wear simple hats, not floral hats.
And lastly, whatever you wear, make it look effortless. Use mild make-up and most importantly have a simple smile on your face. That’s all you need to do a “Jackie O”.
What do you think about our style queen? Tell me in the comments section.